Saturday, March 06, 2010

Life can change a lot in half a year

It has been a long time since the last time I wrote here. Exactly five months, so almost half a year. And five months is the time remaining in my current job: trainee at the ICT Department of Cedefop, the European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training. I applied for this traineeship in November, but I actually had forgotten about it. After all, we are talking of 8 positions and almost a thousand applicants!

But then by the end of January I got this mail inviting me to join Cedefop for the Spring traineeship period. And, regardless of whatever you are doing at the moment, how can you possibly say no to work in the European Union? and since Cedefop is located in Thessaloniki, here I am, living in Greece again.

Working environment is the best thing of Cedefop. A bunch of skilled and motivated international people working in a very wide range of topics. Of course, there is an ICT Department, and there's where I am working, so I am part of the IT crowd of the European Union.

About my life in Thessaloniki? well, I have been there just for a week, and besides working I haven't done much else. I am living alone in a cute apartment of Ano Poli, the old town, and I have a small balcony with views of the sea... that's something great, both in Barcelona and Athens I was living in rather dark places. It takes ages to reach Cedefop from there, but Cedefop is so far away from everything that even those of my colleagues who looked for a place located 'nearby' spend 45 minutes. I think it pays off to spend 15 minutes more every day and live downtown, instead of living in a boring suburb.

And what about the Master in Economics that I was doing in Valladolid? well, I passed the first semester quite successfully and I got to enjoy a lot both Micro and Macroeconomics (the great teachers of both courses are 'guilty' for that). I'll try to finish it doing my assignments from Greece, it would be a pity to waste all the job done in the first semester.

Labels: , , , ,


0 comments:



>> Post a Comment

trackbacks:



>> Create a Link






PREVIOUS POSTS  : :
Back to the University
Genciencia: yet another blog
Summer in Valladolid
Talking with the King
Athens vs. Barcelona
New projects, new challenges
Public transport shouldn't be a luxury
Restarting!
Merry Christmas... à la Grecque
Athens is burning

SEARCH IN THE BLOG  : :


SUBSCRIBE  : :

BACK TO TOP  : :


eXTReMe Tracker